The most famous and recognizable symbol of America is, of course, the 93-meter Statue of Liberty located on Ellis Island, on the East Coast of the United States in New York. It was from here that millions of people started a new life and pursued the dream of making a fortune for themselves on the North American continent. The history of the United States of America began on the eastern coast of the Atlantic Ocean, which has become the embodiment of the American dream with presidential residences, elite restaurants and boutiques, famous old mansions, and luxurious yacht clubs with the most expensive yachts. The center of yachting life in the United States is Newport, located in the state of Rhode Island on the East Coast, where the oldest and most prestigious sailing race, America’s Cup, has been held since 1851.
Yachting Regions in the USA
- US South Coast, Florida – Atlantic Ocean
- East Coast of the USA – Chesapeake Bay of the Atlantic Ocean
- Northeast Coast of the USA – Narragansett Bay in the Atlantic Ocean
- Bahamas – Atlantic Ocean
Yacht Hosts for Yacht Charter in the USA
- US South Coast, Florida – Fort Lauderdale
- US East Coast – Annapolis
- US Northeast Coast – Newport
- Bahamas, Abaco Island – Marsh Harbor
- The Bahamas, New Providence Island – Nassau
Nearest Airports in the USA
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Airport (BWI)
- Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
Features of Yachting in the USA
Difficulty: Yachting in the USA is of medium difficulty with excellent yachting infrastructure, easy navigation, comfortable marinas, small passages, many calm bays, islands, bays, and sheltered anchorages. The lateral system B is applied where the lights and signs on the right side are red and on the left side are green. There are certain restrictions on the yacht charter for foreigners, and foreign skipper’s documents must undergo preliminary control and verification, except in the Bahamas region.
Season: The climate is moderate with mild temperatures throughout the year, thanks to the warm Gulf Stream, with an average annual air temperature of +24 during the day and +18 at night on the coast. The most favorable period for yachting on the East Coast of the United States is from late April to November.
Winds: The East Coast of the United States experiences a moderate and stable northerly wind of 15-20 knots during the summer, while on the South Coast of Florida, an east and northeast wind of 10-15 knots prevails.