Yes, it is possible to rent a yacht for sea trips or fishing without any problems in the United Arab Emirates.
You can choose from a sailboat, motor yacht, catamaran, or boat on the waters of the Persian Gulf. The choice of the vessel depends on the number of people on board and the type of leisure planned. A yacht or catamaran is better for a boat trip, while a motor boat or RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boat) is better for water sports or fishing.
There are dozens of companies in the UAE that rent boats and yachts of various types and sizes for any budget. You can easily find their list, contact details, and website addresses by searching the Internet. However, not every company can offer a wide range of yachts or guarantee availability on the required dates. Therefore, it is often more convenient and reliable to search for a boat on aggregator sites, such as those used for booking flights or hotels, like Booking or TripAdvisor.
Do I need a license to drive a yacht in Dubai?
Yes, to rent a yacht in Dubai without a skipper, you need to have an RYA certificate or its equivalent recognized by the DMCA (Dubai Maritime City Authority). It is recommended that those who are planning to seriously take up yachting in the UAE obtain a certificate to operate a pleasure boat. To confirm a certificate or license obtained in another country, you must contact the DMCA office and obtain a certificate of conformity, which will be valid for one month from the date of issue.
Any vessel leaving a UAE port must first obtain permission from the Coast Guard and request permission to stay in UAE territorial waters. Such permission can be obtained at any of the official marinas. The captain of the vessel must fill out an application for a permit, which must contain all the necessary information, such as the list of passengers, date and time of departure and return, the name of the owner of the yacht (boat, boat), and a copy of the vessel’s registration document.
For those who do not have experience in sailing yachts or just want to relax and unwind, it is recommended to rent a sea vessel with a captain. It should be noted that when renting luxury yachts, the captain and crew are always “included” and will be waiting for passengers on board to take care of their safety and comfort.
What can you see during a yacht trip in the UAE?
Dubai is the most famous and visited emirate in the UAE, with the ability to satisfy any desire. This metropolis is home to the most beautiful and luxurious yachts, as well as the tallest skyscrapers. Today, popular sailing routes have changed significantly in Dubai and differ from those that were present ten years ago. Here are three of the most popular routes:
- The first route starts from the Dubai Marina, passes through the South exit from the Dubai Marina lagoon to the Dubai Eye, and then re-enters the lagoon through the North entrance.
- The second route also starts from the Dubai Marina marina and goes around the famous Palm Jumeirah from the north side, reaching its eastern end in the Rixos The Palm hotel area. The way back to the marina can run both along the coast and around Palm Island again. Presently, work is underway to fill new islands off the western tip of Palm Island, so the route may be slightly altered.
- The third route starts from the Bulgari Yacht Club, named after the hotel next to which it is located. It enters the Creek through the southern arm, passes through the Business Bay area, and almost reaches the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world. The return trip follows the same route.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and the largest and richest emirate of the same name. Boat trip routes and excursions depend on which marina the trip starts from. There are three popular routes:
- The first route starts from Yas Marina, located next to the Abu Dhabi Formula 1 track.
- The second route starts from Emirates Palace Marina.
- The third route starts from Abu Dhabi International Marine Sports Club.
Boat trips from this emirate are unique since it is located on the East coast of the United Arab Emirates, overlooking the Gulf of Oman and further into the Indian Ocean. This route is chosen by those who love untouched nature and the cooler waters of the Indian Ocean (compared to the waters of the Persian Gulf).
The Most Popular Yacht Marinas in the UAE
- Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi International Marine Sports Club, Abu Dhabi Marina, Al Bandar Marina, Eastern Mangroves Marina, Emirates Palace Marina, InterContinental Abu Dhabi Marina, Marina Al Bateen, Marsa Al Bateen Marina, and Yas Marina.
- Dubai: Al Seef Marina, Bulgari Yacht Club, DIMC (Dubai International Marine Club), Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club, Dubai Marina, Dubai Marina Yacht Club, IGY Anchor Marina, and Mina Rashid Marina.
Ras Al Khaimah: Al Hamra Marina & Yacht Club.
- Fujairah: Fujairah International Marine Club.
Weather Conditions for Swimming in the UAE
Late autumn and early spring are the best times to travel to Dubai, with temperatures ranging from 24 to 30 degrees Celsius. This weather is ideal for sailing.
The flow of the Persian Gulf is smooth all year round, making it comfortable to go to sea on a yacht in any season.